Please use the following instructions ONLY if you were asked to establish a LOCAL ADMIN ONLY. account.
DO NOT USE THESE Instructions for setting up an Azure Account on a new computer.For new computers with an Azure Admin use these instructions.
When you receive your new computer please follow these initial instructions to set it up.
The machine will be initially setup with minimal requirements in order for us to take over and add it to your existing network infrastructure.
Note: You will need a download password to download and install the Agent required.
If you do not have a password please request it by emailing support.
** IMPORTANT **
PLEASE DO NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET WHEN PROMPTED TO DO SO DURING SETUP
INTERNET CONNECTION SHOULD BE DONE ONLY AFTER THE LOCAL USER HAS BEEN SETUP.
Mainly we need to boot the computer up and add a "local user" with the name PCAdmin.
Windows will mention that using a local user and no internet will have a 'Limited Experience" but this will make the setup easier for you.
Once the local user has been added then you can connect to the internet and download the network agent.
Please follow the step by step instructions below:
- Check for damage on the box. If there is noticeable damage please do not continue and contact support to let us know.
- Open the box and make sure all items listed are there.
- Connect the computer to the power supply and power on
( DO NOT connect any Cat5, Cat6 network cables just yet )
- If prompted select your Region: US
- Same as for Keyboard: US and Skip the Second Keyboard Layout
- How would you like to setup screen; Pick Setup for Personal use
- On the "Sign in with Microsoft" screen pick Offline account on the bottom left.
- When prompted to sign in for apps and services please
select "Limited Experience" in the lower left hand corner.
- On Who's going to use this PC please enter PCAdmin and click Next
- PCAdmin is the local user, skip the password prompt and leave it blank. (NO Password)
- Next screen you can Accept help from the Digital Assistant and click Next
- Accept the default Privacy Settings screen and press Next
** At this point you have created a Local user PCAdmin with NO password. You can now connect to the network via WiFi or Cable. **
- Once the PCAdmin user has been created you can then connect to the internet using WiFi or a Cat5 cable to the wall.
- Once the computer boots up please open the Edge Browser and go to:
[ Link opens on separate tab ]
- Password: please request password from tech support.
- Once you enter the password press submit to be taken to the Agent Download Page
- Enter the password and press "Submit"
- Look for a file that starts with "Agent" and ends with .ZIP and click on it.
Ex. Download File: AGENT_COMPANYNAME_VX_X_X_RW.ZIP
- Click on the file to download it. The file will download to the default location.
- Once downloaded open the downloads folder and double click
on the file to open it's contents and
on the file with the .exe extension as shown below to install the agent.
- You will be prompted to stop the install.
Please click on 'more info'
- Once you pick on 'More info' please click on
"Run Anyway" button as shown below.
- Agent will seem to not do anything but it will install and report and join our network infrastructure.
- Power Settings: You need to open the Control Panel and change the Power Settings so the PC
won't go to sleep.
Please click on the Windows Icon on the bottom left of your task bar
Once you click on the icon all the Program Files will appear, without clicking anywhere begin typing: Control Panel
When the App appears click on either Control Panel or Open.
- In the Control Panel look for the Power Options and click on it.
- Under Power Settings depending on the computer brand they might look different.
Look for the Change the selected plan settings option and click on it.
[ note: Plan settings might be called different, Balanced, Preferred, etc... ]
- Use the drop down under "Plugged in" for "Put the computer to sleep" and pick Never.
Press Save changes button to save the new setting.
- You can close all windows once the power settings have been changed.
- You are done; please email support to let us know it's ready.
Once you have created the local account and are logged into Windows:
(After step 13)
If you are having trouble and are unable to download and install the Agent
you can schedule a Remote Assist by contacting support and following the instructions