In order to map a folder or drive to your computer using the Hamachi VPN please make sure the VPN has been installed ( click here for install instructions
) and it is running and connected as shown below:
- IP Address: This will be a unique number to your computer. ( the number shown below is ONLY for demonstration)
- Computer Name: This is where YOUR computer name will show up instead of 'COMPUTER NAME'
- Network: This is where the name of the network you are part of will show up. (A Network Example is only for Demonstration)
In order for the VPN to be conencted it must show your IP, Computer name and the Network with a green dot.
Once you are connected to your Network you will see a list or the name of the server you need to connect to UNDER your Network as shown below:
In this case we need to map a drive to the computer named SERVER.
We right mouse click on the SERVER and choose BROWSE from the pop up menu.
This will prompt for user authentication and ask for your credentials. ( User / Password )
Enter your credentials and check mark 'Remember my credentials' so you will NOT be prompted every time you need to access the folder(s)
Once you are authenticated you will see the network shares that are available to you.
(Files might look different depending on the type of view your PC is set to)
Right mouse click on the folder you need to MAP to your computer and when the sub-menu pops up pick "Map Network Drive" as shown above.
To finish mapping your drive:
- Pick the drive letter you would like to use for this folder
- Check Mark: Reconnect at sign-in so the mapped drive will remain mapped next time you reboot
- Press FINISH
As in the example above, the mapped drive will show up as 'Z:' from now on.
- If the VPN is NOT running you will NOT have access to your mapped drive.
- VPN MUST be turned ON and you MUST be connected to the network you need access to.
- The machine you are connecting to ( SERVER in the example Above) MUST also be connected to the network and with a green dot next to it.